Established in 2017, FTLOScience (formerly The Skeptical Chemist) is a science communication platform based in Singapore. We publish ‘pop science’ articles as well as comprehensive educational guides on science concepts.
Our commitment to the scientific method is reinforced by the rigorous fact-checking and referencing process that our articles are subject to. The news and social media outlets have the tendency to exaggerate scientific claims; being skeptics, we realize the pressing need to only publish scientifically accurate information that our readers can trust.
“Science is a way of skeptically interrogating the universe. If we are not able to ask skeptical questions, to interrogate those who tell us that something is true, to be skeptical of those in authority, then we’re up for grabs for the next charlatan – political or religious – who comes ambling along.”
Carl Sagan, Astrophysicist and Science Communicator
- April – Rebranding to FTLOScience (For the Love of Science!)
- May – Website revamp
- January – Launch of ‘Write For Us‘ initiative
- October – Major website infrastructure upgrade
- August – First live event at Carouselland, Singapore
- November – The Skeptical Store established
- March – The Skeptical Chemist established